Tasty Cucumber Peanut Salad – South Indian Style
- 1 large cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and diced
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dried red chile pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Mix together salt and cucumber, and allow to drain in a colander for ten minutes to release water. Pat dry, and place in a medium size bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and stir in cumin and chili pepper.
- Add peanuts, lemon juice, sugar, and melted butter to cucumber, and stir together. Garnish with cilantro.