North Indian style Sabji Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- Heat canola oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir cumin and mustard seeds in the hot oil until they begin to dance, 1 to 2 minutes. Add coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper; cook about 1 minute.
- Stir cabbage, potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, and salt into spice mixture; stir to coat. Pour enough water into wok to steam vegetables; cover and cook, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed, until potatoes and cabbage are very tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle vegetables with cilantro.