How to make Vegetarian Pizza – Recipe
- Pizza Base – 1
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
- Onions – 1
- Capsicum – 1 small sized
- Ginger + Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Oregano or Ajwain/Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Basil – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Tandoori Color – pinch (Optional)
- Tomato Puree – 3/4 cup
- Tomato Sauce – 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 1/2 cup
Time to prepare: 20 min
- Chop the Onion and Capsicum into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Take a readymade Pizza Base and smear with butter (spread butter) all over the base as shown below. Keep aside.
- Heat Oil (1/2 Tbsp) + Butter (1 Tbsp) in a pan, add chopped Onions and fry for 2-3 minutes or until the Onions start to look transparent. Now add Ginger Garlic Paste (available in the store) and fry for a minute.
- Now add Capsicum to the frying pan and cook the same for 5 minutes making sure that the Capsicum does not turn too soft (do not overcook Capsicum). Now add Tomato Puree and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the liquid content is mixed well with Capsicum and Onions.
- Then add Oregano, Tandoori Color (optional) and Dry Basil (optional) and ensure that these mix well with the other ingredients in the pan.
- Now add Salt, Pepper Powder, Red Chilli Powder and saute for 2 min. Finally add Tomato Sauce and cook for 5 minutes and mix everything well with other ingredients. Now the top layer for the Pizza, i.e., the vegetable spread is ready. As you can see in the image, the preparation looks rich and spicy.
- Preheat the Microwave oven or Normal OTG for 5 min. In my case, I made the Pizza in a Microwave Oven by heating in grill mode.
- Take the butter smeared Pizza Base from Step 2 above, spread the entire vegetable mixture/masala spread from Step 6 above.
- Sprinkle grated Mozzarella Cheese and place this ready to cook Pizza on a crust plate for baking. Instead of using a crust plate, you can keep this Vegetarian Pizza base directly on a grill stand and grill it for 4-6 minutes or until the Cheese melts and spreads all over the Pizza base.
Its ready for serve, Enjoy!