How to make Vegetable stew – Recipe
Vegetable Stew is a delicious Kerala dish which is commonly served with appam/ vellappams. Below is a tasty and easy recipe for making Kerala style Vegetable Stew. Hope you will enjoy it!
- Potatoes 3
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Carrot(cut into small cubes) 1/2 cup
- Onions 1 large
- green chilies,(cut into long slits) 5
- cloves 5
- cinnamon stick 1 inch
- whole black pepper 5-6
- ginger, thinly chopped 1tbsp
- fresh curry leaves 7-8
- coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Thick coconut milk, fresh or canned 1 cup
- salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- Cut the onion into thin long slices.
- In a cooking vessel, put the potatoes, carrots, peas, onions along with the cut green chilies and ginger. Add the whole black pepper, cloves and the cinnamon.
- Add 3/4 cup water and salt. Cover the vessel and keep it for boiling on a medium flame for around 5 minutes. Check if the potatoes are cooked and then take the lid off and continue cooking till there is very little liquid. Then add the coconut milk and mix and cook on slow flame for 2 minutes. Then add curry leaves and the coconut oil and mix.
- Serve hot with vellappams.