Fish masala north Indian flavor
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt as required
- Fish: 500 gm (King fish)
- Tomato: 1
- Onion: 2 nos
- Garlic pods: 2 nos
- Green Chillies: 2 Nos
- Tomato ketchup: 1 Tbsp
- Cloves: 3 no
- Cardamom: 3 nos
- Cinnamon: 1 inch
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Curd: 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds: A pinch
- Salt: as required
- Oil: as required
- Coriander leaves: as required
- Pepper corns: 4-5 Nos
- Clean the fish.
- Slice the Onion, Tomato and green chillies
- Beat the curd and keep it aside
- Marinate the fish with chilly powder, turmeric, and salt for 30 minutes
- Roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and cumin.
- Grind it together with mustard seeds and one sliced onion
- Shallow fry the marinated fish and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion, garlic, and chillies and saute well
- Add the grounded spices along with a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add sliced tomato along with ketchup, pepper corns and salt, saute well until it is cooked
- Add the curd along with a cup of water and cook in low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the fried fish and cook in low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.